Vacancy: Coordinator Economic Affairs at the Consulate General of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, Guangzhou, P.R. China
The Coordinator Economic Affairs is responsible for the daily management of the economic cluster at the Consulate General, consisting of staff responsible for Economic Affairs, the Netherlands Foreign Investment Agency and Innovation.
- Together with the Head of Mission the Coordinator liaises with Chinese official and business contacts.
- The Coordinator, with a high degree of autonomy, coordinates incoming visits and missions both with respect to content as logists.
- The Coordinator reports to the Head of Mission on the execution of policy, the coordination of visits and mission and the realisation of projects.
Duties and Activities
- Management of the economic team of the Consulate General.
- Heads the economic cluster, currently consisting of 7 FTE.
- Is an active part of the Management Team of the Consulate General, together with the Head of Mission and deputy HoM.
- Coordination of activities concerning economic diplomacy in the areas covered by the Consulate General in Guangzhou.
- actively supports individual Dutch companies and trade missions in Guangzhou, Guangxi, Fujian and Hainan.
- cooperates with the China network in drafting and realising the China annual (economic) plan.supervises data entry and the correct handling of trade and other business requests and trade missions.
- works closely together with IA (innovation) and NFIA (investment)
- Analysing economic trends and developments; organizing activities, events and/ or projects leading to increased tangible results in the economic relationship between the Netherlands and China.
- actively networks with the Benelux and EU Chamber of Commerce, Chinese (governmental) institutions, other diplomatic missions and Dutch businesses/ entrepreneurs.
- contacts and advises colleagues at various ministries in the Hague, colleagues from other Consulates and companies. Functions as a contact point at the Consulate General for economic matters.
Level of education: university bachelors degree
Level of experience: 5-7 years of relevant work experience.
- Strong management skills;
- Experience in leading an inter cultural team;
- A proactive attitude and strategic mindset;
- Good organizational and problem-solving skills;
- Flexible and cooperative attitude (team player);
- Strong analytical and communication skills, both oral and written;
- Capable of actively developing, maintaining and using a professional network;
- Excellent command of the Dutch and English language;
- Adequate command Chinese language skills preferred;
- Experience in business development and/or trade promotion;
- Sensitive to a policy and political environment.
Working environment (Dutch diplomatic network):
The purpose of the Dutch diplomatic network of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in China is to manage diplomatic relations with the People’s Republic of China and representation of the Netherlands in order to strengthen the international position in relevant policy areas through policy support and development, and to promote and support bilateral/multilateral cooperation.
The Consulate General in Guangzhou is responsible for the provinces Guangdong, Guangxi, Fujian and Hainan. An estimated 165 Dutch companies and 39 Dutch entrepreneurs are active in this region. The pressure of the working environment is relatively high because of the large amount of political, business and official visits that require support both logistically and content wise.
The economic cluster consists of 7 FTEs: four economic officers, an innovation officer and two NFIA (Netherlands Foreign Investment Agency) officers. The China network of the Kingdom of the Netherlands consists of the Embassy in Beijing and Consulates General in Guangzhou, Shanghai, Chongqing and Hong Kong.
Conditions of employment:
- The “rechtspositieregeling lokaal indienstgenomen medewerkers 2005” (Rrlok
2005) of the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs is applicable to this position;
- The salary scale for this function is 9 (ranging from RMB 31.194 to RMB 46.792
per month) and the level will be determined according to the relevant work
experience of the candidate;
- Employment conditions for Chinese nationals will be in accordance to the
Chinese government’s Diplomatic Services Bureau regulations and pay grades;
- The vacancy concerns a full time (40 hours/week) position with a fixed term
contract for the duration of one year, starting as soon as possible, with the
possibility to extend.
If you would like more information regarding the content of this position please contact Ms. Marjo Crompvoets, Consul General of the Netherlands in Guangzhou: email@example.com.
If you would like to have more information about the local employment conditions please contact Ms. Frances Wen firstname.lastname@example.org, +862038132200.
Candidates are required to submit their motivation letter and resume in English to GNZ-CDP@minbuza.nl before 19 November 2018.
Candidates whose letter and resume are considered to match the formal requirements will be invited for a first interview. Should there be sufficient mutual interest, the candidates will be invited for a second interview. If found suitable, internal candidates have priority over external candidates.
Om te solliciteren op deze vacature stuurt u uw sollicitatie naar GNZ-CDP@minbuza.nl